Which version of Windows?
Take a screenshot with Windows
- Press “PrtScn” (Print Screen button)
(You can find this button usually grouped with Scroll Lock and Pause Break buttons.)
- Windows will capture the entire screen to the (invisible) clipboard.
- Now we need somewhere to paste it. Open up the program “Paint” (Found in Start -> Accessories)
- Paste the clipboard. (Control + V or Edit -> Paste)
- Save your image.
Take a screenshot with Windows 7
There’s a dedicated program inside Windows 7 for taking screenshots. You can follow the instructions above or use “Snipping Tool” program to make it much easier.
Take a screenshot with Windows 8
Windows 8 adds a much easier way to take screenshots. Instead of having to use the Print Screen button and then paste into Paint (or a similar application), you can now automatically save a screenshot to the Pictures folder as a png with just the touch of a couple of buttons.
- Set up the screen as whatever you want to take a screenshot of.
- Hold down the Windows Key and Print Screen.
- You’ll find a new screenshot in the Pictures folder in your Library.