Update your device wirelessly
The easiest way to update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device is to do so over your WiFi (or even 3g or 4g connection if you must). Here’s how.
- Plug in your device to a power source.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install to download the update. It might already start if you’re connected to WiFi and power.
- Tap Install when the download completes, or tap Later to install the update later.
Update your device using iTunes
Another option is to update your device by opening up iTunes and performing the update there. Here’s how:
- Open up your copy of iTunes on your computer.
- Plug in your device to the computer.
- In iTunes, select your device from the sidebar.
- In the Summary tab, click Check for Update
- Click Download and Update.